Friday, August 20, 2010

A Lighter side of Yellow (part II)

So yes, today was more yellow...but in the most beautiful way yellow can be. As I gazed through the photos I posted yesterday, I thought today about how each yellow moment carried with it a truth for why that picture was taken in the first place. A story the picture was able to tell about a moment of joy or laughter, wonder or remembrance. So as a sort of part 2 of that post I thought that tonight I could give you a little more about the truth and beauty of a few of them.
Thanks for indulging me .


This first one with the daisy was taken by my
12 yr old son , who was 11 at the time. We were at the Fullerton Arboretum a place the kids & I go often. He had my camera and took an amazing set of flower shots, this one was one of his happy mistakes. He was so proud when I asked his permission to use his work.


Finneus had just enjoyed a romp in the Big Sur River with my kids and their cousin. He then then proceeded to shake, roll in the dirt and repeat. Good times indeed. :)



The Banana slug was fabulous! I'd never seen a banana slug up close and in person. This guy was at least seven inches long! It was so wild looking, with it's black spots contrasting against it's beautiful textured yellow. He was a lot brighter in person, as often we all are. :)









I think I've mentioned this Lemon cake before. I made that one for my Mom's B-day. I feel so blessed to have her.



Ernie took this great picture of her in Big Sur.

He also made me the wonderful breakfast of bacon and poached eggs.
Thanks sweetie!

I love them both.







Again on our way either to or from Healdsburg, I noticed the piggy crossing sign. Everyone in the car cracked up when we saw it, so my husband turned back around so I could get a quick pict. Still came out a bit blurry, but you get the idea. Loved that it showed a Mama pig and her baby. Someone added the red dot, I like it, reminds me of Christmas!



I absolutely love this artist. We saw this painting by Alma -Tadema at the Getty about a week ago. Talk about an overwhelming sense of truth and beauty...I almost always sort of loose it a little at museums. It's that too much, too good feeling that sends me reeling, almost unable to focus. This day was no different but I loved it.

This a picture of a a picture of
my BFF Annie and her husband who live far, far away from me. I miss her terribly, but this picture reminds me of our last visit together a few years back. I took it the day before I left. The little Mexican dolls remind me of another wonderful time we shared with our families all together in Mexico, eating grilled lobster and drinking beer perched up on the roof over looking the ocean.


So I guess yellow's not that bad after all. Thanks again, for sticking with me through this, I'll post some art stuff soon, I promise. :)


Love, peace and yellow,

Bridgette

1 comment:

Healing Woman said...

Thanks for sharing all those beautiful picture moments. I enjoyed reading about your precious family.