Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Milagras & Muses






While I imagine my posts will eventually focus on my artistic endeavors, before I "dive in" I'd like to establish a framework for where these endeavors have come. I'm inspired by color, texture and emotion, by places I've been and those I dream about enjoying. I'm inspired by those I love in my life, my madly creative husband, my rock star kids and my muses, those miracle muses that have always had my back no matter what, my real-life Milagra girls.These are the women of my past and present. These are my tireless cheerleaders, my strongholds of faith and my greatest source of selfish indulgence for which I know, I am so not worthy. So if it is true that a picture is worth a thousand words then I suppose these pictures will tell a little story of their own...






































4 comments:

Gilding the Lily said...

Beautiful post, Bridgette! I got a little misty! Welcome to the blogisphere, girlfriend! I am placing a link to your blog on my site. Also, let's talk about you teaching something at the store... N

Dawnie said...

Your beauty and the beauty that comes through you astounds me.

Cindy Wood said...

Bridget, I am touched by your talent and creativity. You truly are a sensitive spirit. I feel so inspired. I love what you do and how you conclude with your family photos. I can really relate to that. I tear. I am Cindy Wood, I met you at Gilding the Lily. Robin was our teacher for the Charlotte necklace. It was pleasure meeting you.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Hi Bridgette! So nice meeting you today at Glitterfest and having a chance to even chit chat for awhile :) LOVE your gourd necklaces and enjoyed seeing them "in person". Such a labor of love.

I'll be doing a blog post on the event later tonight.

PS I made #8 *smiles*