Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Update on the Wishing Tree...



While I certainly don't go out there and just "sit" nearly as much as I dreamed of, our "Wishing Tree" remains a relaxing and beautiful destination in the yard for myself and my family. Each member has added a little something of their own and I've even received a few things from far,far away. My Mom found this wonderful beaded mobile this summer in a fantastic little gallery in Big Sur. The one with the people nests lined with sari-like quilts and colorful pillows.I meant to write a post just about these nests but didn't, so here's a couple of photos so you know what I mean. I loved these things!Another wish was sent in a jar with sand and seashells from my sweet Annie's, Atlantic coast.
This past weekend I did the Irvine Fine Arts Holiday Faire and met some of the coolest ladies. As I spoke to them about my work and my current obsession with my tiny frozen Charlotte's (which I will write about next) I found myself going back to our tree.I described how it's become a sort of wishing/prayer/reflection/art spot for us and of my desire to make this a sort of visual symbol that reminds us of things to pray or wish for. I only wish I would have asked them to send a wish...anyhow, it's late and I'm not completely sure I'm making sense, I just wanted to say a little something so you know I didn't forget...

Oh! And for those of you I haven't told, myself and a few other gals are doing a little Holiday Boutique this Friday the 13th right in my neighborhood. I posted it as an event on my Bella Luna Arts Facebook page but here's a few particulars as well. It's at 539 S. Orange Ave. Brea from 6:00-9:00pm.We'll have wine,hors d'oeuvres LOTs of festive twinkling lights and shopping what could be better! Stop by if you get a chance, it should be fun. Ciao for now!

No comments: